• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Organic

S

Skinsfan1229

Anyone try eating organic? It would be closely following or similiar to the makers diet if anyone has read that.

I have found a few stores close by that sell only organic food, even has a restraunt inside its nice. Its sort of expensive though. I feel I have some what more energy when eating this way, and I definetly dont feel indegestion or like blah or anything like that.

V

Valentina

I do for some things when my wallet allows :)
I get organic wildflower honey and organic earl grey tea to go with it, and I think I feel better for it. I drink way more tea than I should, so I can see a difference.
the last few times Ive gotten honey from a local farmer, and I think it makes me a bit crampy if I have too much. not sure if that means he isnt as all natural as I presumed or if maybe its to pure. not sure.
I love the idea of organic though. its just too bad its so costly, and I cant afford to eat that healthy all the time. thats a pretty sad thing to have to say.

S

Stuffette

Absolutely organic

Skinsfan1229 said:
Anyone try eating organic? It would be closely following or similiar to the makers diet if anyone has read that.

I have found a few stores close by that sell only organic food, even has a restraunt inside its nice. Its sort of expensive though. I feel I have some what more energy when eating this way, and I definetly dont feel indegestion or like blah or anything like that.
I find that organic meats and chicken are easier for me to digest, plus they taste better. Organic eggs taste so much better and I do eat a lot of them since they are one of the foods that agree with me. It is very diffficult to buy organic since its not available everywhere and it gets expensive. What I do is get organic meat, eggs, cheese and milk (for my daughter) and fruits and vegetables that do not get peeled. I also try to shop at local farm stands. They aren't always organic but they usually don't spray the food since it doesn't have to travel.

S

Skinsfan1229

See I just cant find the meets around here....But if you get the makers diet then you can actually get a list of numbers, adddresses, and so forth to order organic...or anything out of the books, some interesting things, anything from tootepaste with no flouride to saunas.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I think that organic can be better, but really do not eat anything organic. The use of pesticides though on food cannot be good for anyone, but probably even worse for people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. It would be best (if possible) to stick with organic foods, but that is not always possible.

It is therefore always good to at least ensure you wash all foods well, which will get any surface pesticides or residues off the food.