• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Paleo diet

Hi I'm new here and wanted to share this diet with everyone. It's basically eating the same foods that our ancestors ate - that's meat, vegetables, nuts and fruit. No grains as farming was only invented by humans 10k years ago. And no dairy. no artificial chemicals in your food- just good natural stuff.

The reason I'm sharing is I started this Diet for the new year and already it's working wonders. I have colitis which is fully flared up. I'm not taking my mesalazine (it gives me headaches) and I havnt been since my last flare up a year ago. So here I am at new year with full flare up and taking no medication. After two weeks I'm already feeling better. There's no more blood and I'm only getting up in the night to go the toilet once. My energy is coming back and I'm only getting cramps a couple of times in the day. All this just by getting rid of grains and processed food! I'm still not taking medication. The only variation to the diet I'm doing is eating probiotic yoghurt everyday to try help my colitis.

I don't know why it's working but it definitely is! Just thought I'd share it with everyone in case anyone wants to try changing their diet to help their ibd :) x