• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Phase III Low Dose Naltrexone Trial Possible

David

Co-Founder
TNI BioTech, Inc. Acquires the Exclusive Rights to Low Dose Naltrexone and Other Opioid Antagonists for the Treatment of Inflammatory and Ulcerative Diseases of the Bowel

Naltrexone in low dose has been well tolerated in almost all patients, and it showed significantly greater treatment efficacy than the control group in both trials. TNI BioTech is now planning to meet soon with the FDA to design and implement pivotal phase III trial(s) for treatment for patients with Crohn's disease using naltrexone in low dose. A platform immunomodulatory technology, naltrexone in low dose also is expected to be clinically tested for treatment of other immune-mediated or immune-deficient diseases, for which the company has previously acquired additional patents.
Source

:mademyday:
Oh how I hope this means a phase III trial, although Jack is taking it and seems great I still have that little doubt in the back of my mind what if there is something we don't know....

:mademyday:
Oh how I hope this means a phase III trial, although Jack is taking it and seems great I still have that little doubt in the back of my mind what if there is something we don't know....
Wonder if any results are available? Only thing I saw on their website for LDN referred to a study in Nigeria but unrelated to crohns