• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

PREdiCCt study for understanding IBD (UK)

Hi everyone, thought I would share this here as I've recently started taking part in the PREdiCCt study.
If you have IBD and are in remission, in the UK, you may be able to take part. They also have a podcast which I haven't listened to yet.

https://www.predicct.co.uk/

Some info copied from their web site:

Launched in the UK the focus of the study is towards understanding how diet, lifestyle and the bacteria in your gut influence flare and recovery in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. To achieve this we are looking to recruit 3100 people in remission from Crohns or Colitis (illness under control). We plan to follow the disease course of these individuals over 2 years whilst collecting information on the food they eat, their lifestyle and their gut bacteria. Accordingly, it may be possible to find a link between these factors and the severity of each participant’s symptom flares.

This study is open to anyone over the age of 6 years who has a confirmed diagnosis of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis which is currently well controlled. ​