• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

RVF? How did they find yours?

For several months I’ve been having feces in my V area. I know I’m not imagining this. Happens all the time when I wipe and sometimes leaks out.

Just had a CT scan and I saw the report. Didn’t seem like they found anything. (Editing to say they did see wall thickening and inflammation-typical crohns stuff but nothing about a fistula)

From my research this isn’t always the best way? I feel like I’m going crazy. If they found a fistula they were going to start me on Remicade. Now I doubt they will. Should I ask for another test like an MRI? Advice please. I have a follow up in November. They haven’t called me about the CT results. I just read the report on the hospital website.

Mine showed up on an MRI. It must have been small, because I mostly had air coming out of it. Once I got on Remicade, it closed. I hope you get approval quickly.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Mine were confirmed via barium imaging...wasn't a fun procedure, but definitely showed where things were coming out from places they weren't supposed to!!

I would ask about having that done.....