• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So angry!!

E

ElaineH

I quit my job as a waitress in an Italian restaurant almost two weeks ago. I had been there for 21 months altogether, although I left for a month earlier in the year.

While I was there I was treated really badly, the boss is quite simply a bully, and very spiteful with it.. not to mention violent. While I was there I witnessed one waiter being thrown to the ground and slapped.. needless to say he quit there and then.. and an elderly pizza chef was grabbed by the throat, luckily one of the waiters intervened before he got hurt.

I also witnessed this guy break another guy's jaw outside the restaurant..

So.. two weeks ago he was having a go at me, and for once I argued back.. this led to him humiliating me in front of regular customers, I was so upset I'm ashamed to say I cried.

I went back the next evening but left after an hour, I just couldnt stay there. The boss wasnt there so I text him and told him I quit.. I couldnt do it to his face for fear of his reaction... I have seen the way he has humiliated and intimidated staff who quit before.

Well since then I have been waiting for the wages and holiday pay that are due to me.. I have 2 children to support and needless to say we are really struggling right now, so I text him and asked him to send my money.

He replied saying that he deems my resignation by text unacceptable, and that when he has the figures from his accountant he will pay any money due. Well thats most odd because he does the wages himself every week, so now I'm thinking he's gonna hold back some of my money!! I'm so angry!!! But I'm afraid to do anything about it for fear of retribution.. I'm sorry guys had to get this off my chest :yfrown:

P

plagueius

Geez....What are the labor laws there? Here there are ways to make them pay up. Good luck and get your money...

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

hope you get it sorted Elaine goodluck (((((hugs)))))

V

Valentina

sounds like he should have been sues a few times already.
hope you get it all sorted out soon, cant be easy waiting around for someone like that to grow a heart.

D

DannyB

Do you not know any peeps in Bristol that would go round with an intimidating view on things!!! always works for me

E

ElaineH

DannyB said:
Do you not know any peeps in Bristol that would go round with an intimidating view on things!!! always works for me
I have been offered a 'bodyguard' just this morning.. but to be honest I think it would just make matters worse! I think I need to seek out legal advice... :frown:

D

DannyB

ElaineH said:
I have been offered a 'bodyguard' just this morning.. but to be honest I think it would just make matters worse! I think I need to seek out legal advice... :frown:
I think you should get a gang of blokes to go round with a Glasgow smile and sort it out. :voodoo: I don't think legal advice is as affective but citizens advice beareu is always very helpful with these things.

DannyB said:
I think you should get a gang of blokes to go round with a Glasgow smile and sort it out. :voodoo: I don't think legal advice is as affective but citizens advice beareu is always very helpful with these things.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. Get a bunch of dudes to go in with you and beat the **** out of him so you can get your deserved money. After that take legal action. Just make sure you intimidate him and not harm him in any way. Also if you could do this in front of customers and tell them what a **** he is so they stop going there. Also if the restaurant is not clean just call up your food department of health and get them to close the place down.

Good luck

J

JoJo

Aww hun, that guy is such a damn idiot. Start off at CAB, they are free! Then maybe look at legal advice. GRRRRRR Although I do like Danny's idea hehe!!
Hugs hon
Jo xx