• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So Sad

J

JoJo

I recieved some terrible news yesterday and I'm finding it very difficult to deal with. One of my good friends was killed in a nasty car crash yesterday morning, she was only 20.
She was a work collegue who became a very good friend. She was always there to support me when I was feeling ill or down and always made me laugh.
Yesterday I spent time with my other collegues away from work trying to come to terms with it, we all helped each other a great deal. Today though was very very hard, I went into work and broke down a number of times but I stayed away from customers as much as possible. By 3.30 it all became too much and I came home, I can't sleep and barely eat, i'm so physically and mentally tired I don't know what to do.
The one thing that is keeping me going is knowing how lucky I was to have had her as a friend, she was amazing.

E

ElaineH

Thats a good way to look at it hon, remember the good times you spent together... and cry and vent as much as you need to, you need to let your grief out, don't bottle anything up. It's such a terrible tragedy and must have been such an awful shock, it will take time to come to terms with it, but it will happen trust me.

You know where I am anytime you want to talk, and i do mean anytime xxxxx

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I am sorry for the loss of your close friend. It can be hard, and I really can not claim to know what you are going through as I have never been in a simular situation. Your thinking though is correct, and you should celebrate knowing her and try and look at what you learnt from her, and live your life following the good examples she left you and all others. Time will help your pain, but you can celebrate her life by using what you can learn from her and apply it to your life in order to be a better person.

V

Valentina

Sorry Jo, I know how awful that can be, esp when its so unexpected. Time will help, I know that can be a silly thing to hear when your grieving.. and seems everyone says it.. but it is true. honest.
((big hugs))