• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Soooooo disappointed!!! 😒 😣😖😡

Ughhhhhhhhh!!! (Major RANT) So I finally had my appt. at the new GI clinic and met my new doc. His disposition was lethargic, apathetic, disinterested, and overall a lifeless bump on a log. Like a toad. 😣😖🤢
To make matters worse, my previous GI office had only sent a few scraps of my ten year GI history with them. One colonoscopy, one EGD, and one other piece of seemingly nebulous, trivial information... none of which this guy appeared to never have even read! 😡
It was the biggest waste of time ever. “So what are you here for today?” was his greeting. I attempted to explain my previous GI I had been seeing for many years had moved away, having to seek out a new doc, that I have a lengthy GI hx., bi-annual colonoscopy schedule due to continuous precancerous colon polyps, gut inflammation, lower abdominal pain, UC, proctitis, borderline Crohn’s. He just sat there and looked at me like “so what”. I explained the cancer history of my family. He sat there with an attitude of “so what do you want from me?” I proceeded to ask him if he had read the medical history information forwarded to him... and he mumbled and stuttered around with a “no, not really...” 🤔🙄
I knew right then and there this was a total waste of my time. He did schedule me for a barium small bowl follow-through on Friday due to the recent unrelenting lower right sided pain (to which he proceeded to ask me if I still had my ovaries.) 😳 Hello! I have IBD, fool, and all the lovely stuff that goes with it! Arrrghhh.

So.. got home and googled him. Again. Found something I had not found the first search several months ago when I was trying to find a new doc. What I found was from a few years ago. The guy has a history of Gabapentin abuse, which leads to hallucinations. And has relapsed in the past as well.

“In its consent order issued last week, the board stipulated that Dr. ——’s license to practice medicine be suspended indefinitely due to a relapse that came to light in 2017, involving his use of the drug gabapentin. This occurred after previous disciplinary action for substance abuse several years earlier.
However, the board stayed, or halted, the suspension provided that Dr. —— complies with various conditions to ensure his competency to practice medicine, including submitting to the blood, urine, hair and other analyses.”

So um, no... forget it. Never setting foot in that place again, and damn sure never giving him a chance to scope me. Hell no.

On the hunt now for another doc. Think I found a good one in not too far away. Scoured MULTIPLE websites this time, and all reviews on this next one, and nothing but praise and five star satisfaction all around. Already called to get me set up as a new patient. Now I just need to get my PCP to forward my medical hx. to them, which she certainly will do a better job of than my former GI clinic, along with what little info was sent to the one I went to this morning. Hopefully will get something set up soon. Geeeeeeeesh. 🤮

scottsma

UNBELIEVABLE !!!! I'm glad you did another search on him.If it were me I would have to report him to someone.What if he seriously messes somebodies life up with his disgraceful attitude ?

Hope you get sorted soon......

Lady Organic

Staff member
OMG! what a bad experience! completly ridiculous this guy!!! You'll find a better one for sure! In my patient career, I got two doctors who were terrible. One rhuemy and one ENT. Both appeared fine at the begining, but bad surprises were coming in terms of personality and attitude. I ran away and had to find new ones.

Last edited:
Ugh! I'd consider contacting the clinic and giving them feedback about your experience. I forget where, but one of the chronic illness blogs has a post or an article about "Why you should fire your doctor -and let them know WHY".

Although, you also don't want to be labeled as "difficult" on your medical records. I'm glad you found a better option, I hope it works out for you!