• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sore throat and Chest problems

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Crohn's/colitis. I have been suffering with gerd and the for the last couple of weeks I have had a sore throat. In the last couple of days the pain is agony, it feels like the right hand side of my throat is swollen and tight. I can eat and drink but feel sick. The gp has said it is an infection but can't see anything and prescribed me antibiotics which I started yesterday. Went back today and I have a slight temperature and my neck glands are swollen but wont do anything as I need to wait to see if I get better. It is horrible pain and can't sleep at night. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hope this problem is clearing up for you. I am also in the middle of getting (possibly) diagnosed with Crohn’s and have had a horrible sore throat. I took a look with a flashlight because the pain was so specific and saw bumps that were raw and inflamed behind my uvula. I rushed to urgent care thinking it was strep but they shrugged their shoulders and said it wasn’t like any infection they would know. Luckily I had an appointment with me GI a couple days later who said they were swollen lymph nodes. She said theoretically it could be related to inflammation, but didn’t really give me a straight answer. She recommended cepacol for the pain.