• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Stelara Friday!!

I have been on several meds (Humira, Remicade and Entyvia) none have put me in remission or relieved any symptoms. I am hoping this will work. If not, my GI said Tysabri :eek: is next which I do not want at all!
I have a couple of questions:
1. How long does the infusion last?
2. Any problems noticed while on Stelara?
3. Has it helped?

Thanks for all of your input!! :sign0085:

Scipio

I have been on several meds (Humira, Remicade and Entyvia) none have put me in remission or relieved any symptoms. I am hoping this will work. If not, my GI said Tysabri :eek: is next which I do not want at all!
I have a couple of questions:
1. How long does the infusion last?
2. Any problems noticed while on Stelara?
3. Has it helped?

Thanks for all of your input!! :sign0085:
I'm a few days ahead of you. I'm starting Stelara today. I'll let you know how the infusion went.

I think my infusion was about an hour and a half. It was quicker than Remicade. I've been on Stelara since May. I've had one Prednisone taper since then. Still not feeling 100%. It can take a while to work, so hopefully it's not a failure for me. A few times I've had headaches after the injection, haven't really noticed anything else.

my little penguin

Staff member
Stelara infusion takes an hour to run
But it takes a while for all the other nursing stuff
After the infusion Ds was exhausted
First injection is 8 weeks
Later

Ds started in August
He has had the infusion and one injection so far

They are switching him to every 4 weeks now

He mainly takes it for arthritis
Which responded but has worn off

Scipio

The infusion (390 mg loading dose) took a little over an hour. I did not suffer any fatigue or other side effects except a mild headache that came on a couple of hours later.

So far so good. I hope it abolishes the Crohn's.

Infusion went fine for me but I got a really bad fungal ear infection a couple of weeks after that took a long time to go away and was quite severe.

Not sure Tysabri would do much for you if you failed Entyvio; they're similar acting.

I got my infusion on Friday. It ended up taking 3 hours. I instantly got a severe headache after the infusion started and my face turned very red. My blood pressure was normal. They slowed down the infusion and watched me carefully.