• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stoma Reversal

I had a ileostomy placed 5 weeks ago. We plan to reverse it in September. I remember after the surgery I was in a lot of pain, had trouble urinating, couldn't sleep, could barely walk, etc. Has anyone here had a reversal? Can you tell me your experience with it?

HELP PLEASE I had a temp stoma in place following some major surgery taking out part of my colon and in another spot part of my illium. I have a problem and was wondering if anyone might know what to do cos medical staff seeing me don't. The resulting wound once the stoma was reversed will not heal - 4 months down the track I still have a 5cm x 1cm sinus hole that shows no sign of change after it healed from 9cms deep in the first couple of weeks. It is being packed, not packed, packed every day, left for 4 days - nothing works. There is no infection although it was badly infected requiring hospital intervention to begin with. Has anyone got any experience with anything similar? I'm at my wits end - it hurts!