• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Success with LDN

Hi. I'm new here and my son just recently diagnosed with crohns. We were told of good results with the LDN and wanted to hear from others on their experences. He so far is not taking anything else but doing the SCD diet. He is in a lot of pain and its constant so we are praying this will help. He's starting with 3gr. & starts tonight. Please share.
Thank you!!

nogutsnoglory

Hi, I moved your post to our LDN forum since you want to hear stories whereas the other is for reporting them.

I hope your son does well and soon you can post a success story. Meanwhile hopefully others can share their stories with you.

Hi helping Evan! There are a lot of people here who are taking LDN. I have been taking it since Oct 2013, and have a scope next month to see how it's working. I am fortunate to not have had major symptoms or long periods of pain. I believe the LDN is helping me, but probably not to the point of remission, yet! the main side effects is a few to several nights of insomnia, and colorful, vivid dreams (good ones!) for a while. I wish you the best of luck, and hope Evan is feeling better soon!

Welcome Helping Evan!
My son was on LDN for about 18 months and it took a while to see results he started feeling better about 3 months in and scopes at 8 months looked healthy and there was no sign of Crohn's activity. Unfortunately he did not stay that way but developed c-diff from antibiotics he took for a skin infection which sent him in to a flare and we were just not able to pull him out of it or rather we were at a point we didn't have the months to wait for LDN to take over again as he was 14 1/2 and puberty was/is already delayed.
I hope we are able to go back to LDN someday as it did work for him. My plan is to get him through puberty and then we will revisit.

JDTM

OMG LDN BBQ
Hello hello! I'm keeping this brief because I'm at work, but I will say this: LDN worked for me, but the improvement was very gradual. Sometimes imperceptible. But over time, I kept feeling better and better, and to this day I feel pretty good. I'm currently being tested for some complications, but it may be due to existing scar tissue, and not current inflammation. But overall, I still have a great appetite and have tons of energy at the moment, so I'd like to think that the LDN is doing it's thing. Good luck and keep us posted!