• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Traditional Chinese Medecine

Lady Organic

Staff member
Anyone has ever tried Chinese herbs soups recommended by a traditional Chinese doctor?

Im just about to start that. The soup is cooking right now, will be ready in an hour... :ytongue:

It is actually since my diagnosis in 2001 that people talk to me seriously about Chinese medecine. I have listened to several interesting testimonies especially about one doctor here in Chinatown. I went to see him today...

Experience anyone?

I have told and asked my GI about it and he has not heard of any stories, positive or negative. He was opened with the idea...

Last edited:

Lady Organic

Staff member
oh my gosh, it tastes horribly aweful, truly an abomination :frown:
It will take strong willpower to drink that on a regular basis...

Last edited:

Trysha

Staff member
I would not touch any of that stuff.
Good old cabbage soup is one of the best healers of the GI tract and so easy to make
Put together any mixed vegetables plus cabbage and cook up the soup...very tasty.
I know the cabbage may not agree with everyone,some get gas ...a pinch of ginger can offset that.
Good luck
Trysha

Lady Organic

Staff member
I wish cabbage only would help me, but unfortnately its not enough. I eat already a large amount of cooked (in soups) and raw cabbage, kale, regular cabbage and lots of sauerkraut too.

I tried three different teas, that I was prescribed, with these weird ingredients from one of the rare pharmacies that stores these ingredients. Special mixture for me. Didn't taste nice and didn't seem to have a positive effect on my gut, felt quite rough and more sensitive afterwards but the bitter taste helped my nausea and loss of appetite. Overall the spices were too strong for my gut I would say and my diarrhoea got worse then.

Lady Organic

Staff member
''Effect of Kuijie Granule on the Expression of TGF-β/Smads Signaling Pathway in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis.''

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27019660

''Clinical presentation and treatment strategies for ulcerative colitis: A retrospective study of 247 inpatients.'':

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26501692

''Indole compounds may be promising medicines for ulcerative colitis.''

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27160749

ok, I am a believer :ybiggrin: I see lots a research is being done on traditional Chinese medecine... Im sorry it did not work for you Charlotte. Im crossing fingers it will help me.

I am about to see a naturopathic doctor in two weeks. He will run some tests and put together a regimen to help me deal with my crohn's. You should to locate someone who is certified in the field. They may be more helpful than drinking this soup.

Questions for anyone: when you make cabbage soup do you eat the cabbage, or fish t out after its all done cooking? Also, do you use chicken broth base or just water?

Lady Organic

Staff member
I am about to see a naturopathic doctor in two weeks. He will run some tests and put together a regimen to help me deal with my crohn's. You should to locate someone who is certified in the field. They may be more helpful than drinking this soup.
my Chinese doctor is a certified dr from a traditional Chinese medecine school in China and member of naturopathic doctor association in Canada, thx.