• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

UC and oxygen therapy?

S

Sanja

Does anyone know wheter oxygen therapy actually helps people who suffer from UC? I'd like to hear some first hand experiences.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I really cannot help you as a sufferer of CD and no experience with oxygen therapy :confused: . Could you actually explain what it is, and what its supposed results are?

K

Kate

im no help either cause i have CD to but i have heard the theory that smoking helps UC so wouldnt oxegen contradict that lol i have no clue but its an interesting idea

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi
there is a guy on another site who has just had surgery and been put on this i will let you know how he gets on :)

S

Sanja

mikeyarmo said:
I really cannot help you as a sufferer of CD and no experience with oxygen therapy :confused: . Could you actually explain what it is, and what its supposed results are?
here's the link with some information:
http://www.oxy.hr/index.php?id=100_100_0_0_1_0&PHPSESSID=9a222c5dd6fa99096424ca9ef788390d#17

I know people from my country (who suffer from either CD or UC) who have tried oxygen therapy and reported it really helped them. Apparently,
oxygen therapy limits the amount of inflammation in the bowels, lowers the CRP values, lowers sedimentation values ...
As oxygen therapy treatments are expensive I'm trying to get as much info about it as I can so that I can decide whether to spend 2000 euros (+ the expences for accomodation and food) for a 15 day treatment or not. :shifty-t: