• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update on my story: appreciate feedback

I recieved my test results from latest Colonoscopy and Endoscopy - Colonoscopy showed a perfectly healthy colon, upper scope showed inflammation but otherwise everything else was normal. I was told gastritis and given my walking papers. I found that Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm have given me a lot of relief, as long as I stick to these supplements after every meal I am maintaining. The prep for the scope took 8 hours to work! that is after fasting for 8 hours too boot. To go along with this doctor wanted to do a gastric emptying study - but I do not feel full after eating only small amounts, feel nauseas after eating, having food come back up etc. I am thirsty a LOT and Ice, if I eat too much ice the burning in my stomach and intestines worsens. I also have terrible pain in my lower back between hips, which worsens when I have eaten something that causes bloating and pain in my stomach and intestines.
IBS was thrown out again. I was told that I may just have several food intolerances and allergies and that could be causing all this havoc. So I just keep eating the 8 foods that I can eat and stay on Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm, daily Magnesium Citrate of 900 mg to have daily BM. I am sorry if my thoughts are random and all over the place. Has anyone else struggled with these issues?

I recieved my test results from latest Colonoscopy and Endoscopy - Colonoscopy showed a perfectly healthy colon, upper scope showed inflammation but otherwise everything else was normal. I was told gastritis and given my walking papers. I found that Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm have given me a lot of relief, as long as I stick to these supplements after every meal I am maintaining. The prep for the scope took 8 hours to work! that is after fasting for 8 hours too boot. To go along with this doctor wanted to do a gastric emptying study - but I do not feel full after eating only small amounts, feel nauseas after eating, having food come back up etc. I am thirsty a LOT and Ice, if I eat too much ice the burning in my stomach and intestines worsens. I also have terrible pain in my lower back between hips, which worsens when I have eaten something that causes bloating and pain in my stomach and intestines.
IBS was thrown out again. I was told that I may just have several food intolerances and allergies and that could be causing all this havoc. So I just keep eating the 8 foods that I can eat and stay on Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm, daily Magnesium Citrate of 900 mg to have daily BM. I am sorry if my thoughts are random and all over the place. Has anyone else struggled with these issues?
What about blood tests for iron? I craved ice when I was severely anemic. I have know a couple of other people who did too. Good luck, hope you find answers.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, That is good news that colon is fine, nothing to worry about there. Gastritis can be debilitating too so find the foods that agree with you and avoid those that irritate your tummy problem. I hope you feel better soon.