• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Vegetable juicing

vegetable juicing

As most of us cannot tolerate raw vegetables, and they are very important nutritionally, do any of you do any vegetable juicing besides carrot juice? Any recipes are appreciated.

Just ordered that Omega Juicer Model 8003 Single Gear Juicer.... I'll let ya'll know how it goes with me and the "machine".... It'll either be my friend and get along with me or it will meet a very sad in at the hands of a hammer...

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Hi Mazen,

Try 8 spears broccoli, 3 sticks celery and 2 pears. Sounds horrible but is actually quite decent if you are fed up with the usual carrot!

Or how about 1 bunch parsley, 1/4 white cabbage, 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 melon?

Or 3 parsnips, 3 apples, 1/2 lime and 3 sprigs of mint?

Hope this helps as a couple of ideas.

Would be interested to know how you get on. Go gently though and work the juices into your system rather than think ooooh love this gotta have more!

Jan

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
I have a Jack LaLane Jucier that is fabulous. Haven't much used it lately. I live an hour from town and getting vegs and fruits home is really hard (they wilt) so I tend not to have much around. When I lived in town, though, I used it constantly. That was before Crohn's though. I know I can drink bloody mary mix just fine but OJ gets me quite badly, so I would have to investigate what works and what doesn't. However, juice away and enjoy!

Although I cannot tolerate orange juice...apple juice I can handle.
I was surprised over Christmas when I tried a bit of Garden Cocktail that I can handle it just fine..it's almost like a V8 juice.

Finding this out was a bonus Christmas present! :)