• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What's Your thoughts on Entiyvo and PML?

I understand that Entiyvo works in the same way that tysabri does and is not a TNF drug. What's your take on Entiyvo and the PML risk?

Scipio

I am cautiously optimistic that PML risk from Entyvio is basically zero. So far, both in theory and in actual observation there have been no cases.

Entyvio binds with the α4β7 subunit of the integrin molecule on the cell surface as opposed to the α4β1 subunit that Tysabri binds. According to the theory this α4β7 specificity avoids the activation of JC virus that causes the PML. And so far the reality has aligned with the theory.

progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. If you are positive for the JC virus there is a risk of pml or at least that was the case with tysabri but hasn't been proven to be the case with entyvio

Hi all, I'm back for a reply on this subject :
I have been on Entyvio for 2 years, yes when it first came out.
Started somewhat fine for the first year, it seem to help. But now in the last 6 months of the 2 year been having problems and got worst. Doctor feels it is not working now. Had a cat scan in February and have active Crohn's ( 10 cm. = 3" about ) Had a colonoscopy done in April and found the small intestine is also closing up do to scar tissue, ( real bad ). :sign0085:
I just had another cat scan done and they found 3 more area's of active Crohn's in the small intestine. Setting up with a Surgeon to see what's next. I was told I will be getting a Illiosomy bag this time around. Then put on Stalara after words. Sorry got off the subject here, But yes it will work but each of us are different and respond to meds different, so now I can cross off 4 meds that are used for our Disease.
Good luck to you, It should work but like I said we all respond differently to meds..

Hi all, I'm back for a reply on this subject :
I have been on Entyvio for 2 years, yes when it first came out.
Started somewhat fine for the first year, it seem to help. But now in the last 6 months of the 2 year been having problems and got worst. Doctor feels it is not working now. Had a cat scan in February and have active Crohn's ( 10 cm. = 3" about ) Had a colonoscopy done in April and found the small intestine is also closing up do to scar tissue, ( real bad ).
I just had another cat scan done and they found 3 more area's of active Crohn's. Setting up with a Surgeon to see what's next. I was told I will be getting a Illiosomy bag this time around. Then put on Stalara after words. Sorry got off the subject here, But yes it will work but each of us are different and respond to meds different, so now I can cross off 4 meds that are used for our Disease.
Good luck to you, You should work but like I said we all respond differently to meds..
Wish you the best.