• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Which one should I choose?

I have contacted two hospitals for FMT surgery after a week of various tests showing my crohn's is mainly in my ileum. The doctors said they haven't seen a crohn's patient with so many symptoms outside the bowel but did not experience any pain or diarrhea and they want to be cautious going forward with the surgery or other ways of treatment. Then I was explained the steps of conducting a FMT, which is quite different. The first hospital provides the stool sample for me and it's going in through my duodenum, the second hospital asks to find my own donor and if qualified, they will mix the stool with some liquid and then spray on my large intestine. Personally I prefer the latter, just makes more sense to me, but I don't have anyone around me that is healthy enough I guess.

I am not sure which you should choose. There is probably someone else on here who can answer. There is also a surgery section on here that you can post on also.