• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

You can have healthy, chubby babies with Crohn's!

I was diagnosed in 2012, 3 surgeries in 2013. Got pregnant in 2014 and also in 2016. Let me just say: those 2 babies were huge! Emily was 10 lbs even and Justin was 10 lb 5 oz.
I also have 3 other children that were born prior to my surgery and they were average 8 pounders. If anything, my post-diagnosis of crohn's and post-surgery gave me 2 very big healthy babies.
I don't have diabetes and I am only around 125 lbs. The ob/gyn doc are convinced some crohn's patients have big babies because all nutrition went straight to them!
The biggest miracle of all, is that when I had my ileocecectomy and they found my uterus and ovaries severely scarred from the crohn's, they said I most likely wouldn't have any more children. Well, I had 2 more since then.
I'm blessed with 5 kiddos! :emot-dance:

I'm the same! I have 3 healthy children. I go into remission while pregnant! My youngest is 3 my months old and 20 pounds- only breastfed!

Sadly I'm also in a huge flare, but I make enough milk for 3 or 4 babies haha