• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's Disease symptoms

D

doubledown

I find that while my day-to-day symptoms can change, there are some things that I do get constantly. I usually have some cramping after eating (what I eat depends on how bad the cramping is). I also get some bloating and gas, again though it seems to change with every meal. I usually am going to the washroom a lot as well, which is just very annoying and frustrating especially when you are somewhere and do not know where the washrooms are. I am getting better at rememebering to check that stuff out before I eat, but I still seem to always forget when I am in the place where the location of the washrooms is the most confusing!

D

danielle

I usually have to go to the bathroom within an hour of eating. Depending upon where I'm at, that can be really embarrasing for me. My most common symptoms are diarrhea and cramping in my lower right abdomen (terminal illeum). A new one is heartburn. I've been getting it a lot the last few weeks.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I have had both those symptoms as well, but I usually had worst cramping in my lower left abdomen. I do not know what area that was (and never found out) but so far after surgery it has not returned.

D

danielle

mikeyarmo said:
I have had both those symptoms as well, but I usually had worst cramping in my lower left abdomen. I do not know what area that was (and never found out) but so far after surgery it has not returned.
I hope it doesn't.