• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How is everyone doing

Hi, I found out I had this darned disease two years ago when I was fourteen. I am close to remission now but have a lot of anxiety and depression at various times due to this disease. I have never had a resection but I know that it will come in time since I got this so young.

I wish everyone a good day

Jeff

J

jyarmo

Hey Jeff!
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear that you are close to remission. We have all felt depressed and have had to dealt with anxiety because of our diseases. Hopefully this forum can help. There is a section for "venting" if you ever feel the need to, and we are a friendly bunch. If there is anything specific bothering you, please feel free to share.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself Jeff.

I know all of us here would be willing to help you out with anything you need. Please feel free to let us know about anything going on now in your life or just let out some frustration with some people who really know what its like to be going through what you are. We all know that times can get really tough, and we are all here for each other. Do not hesitate to ask any questions or just let out a nice long SCREAM to vent some frustration and stress.

Oh I have been reading others stories and they have written about there hobbies so here are a few. I ride biketrials, flatland bmx, both of which are like bike gymnastics, I play guitar and am buying a recorder to create some of my own music. I love music and riding my bike which are both pretty much my whole life. I am hopefully moving from the worst state of America, Connecticut, so I can move to a better place that I like, Columbus, Ohio. I am originally from New Orleans but moved up to Connecticut four years ago and I hate the rich people that live here. I hate rap but my towns claim to fame is that Mike Tyson used to live here until 50 Cent bought his house a year or so ago.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Jeff

Oh yeah I also play a table soccer game called subbuteo, to see what that looks like go to http://sc-connecticut.com/ and I play stiga a table hockey game but that is not that mich fun. Finally I play volleyball but it is a horribly large commitment since I am basically the second coach on the court and I have to lead a buch of freshman when I am a junior.

Last edited:
R

ReeRee

Hi Jeff! I'm from your homestate Louisiana. My son is your age and ya'll have some things in common too. He plays guitar too and loves music! But instead of a bike, he's 100% skateboard...lol.

I can't wait to get to know you better!

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Jeff, nice to meet you. I'm mama Crohnie..., or if you want, just call me Deb* Looking forward to getting to know you hun.

I got into table hockey from my dad wanting a table hackey game since he likes table soccer. I got into subbuteo because my dad found out their was another player that lived a block away from us.

Jeff

R

ReeRee

Cookey, if you're Mama Crohnnie, I guess that makes me Auntie Crohnnie. :D My nephews call me Auntie Robb..ha.

cookey

Mama Crohnie
I guess it does Ree, Being that we are possibly the oldest ones here...did I just make your evening or what???

R

ReeRee

Oh boy, you really know how to make me feel good....and OLD! LOL! Now where did I put that cane?

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

Jeff ... I am sure that you will make a lot of new friends here { count me in } I may not have Crohn's but my husband does and as long as there are sites like this to help us out ... I am here !! So, once again WELCOME & have a good time here ... JUMP RIGHT IN & HAVE FUN !! ;)

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel
Welcome Jeff! I'm glad you found this forum.

My daughter, Alyssa is your age and also has Crohns. I know she battles with depression even though she doesn't like to admit it. It can be very frustrating - especially when you're young.

I give you credit for coming here and seeking out support - my daughter isn't ready for that yet. She can't understand WHY I come here and she thinks all everybody does is talk about their problems. However, I disagree... I think most people come here to encourage one another. We all know that there is a time and place to vent (and that's cool), but it's just really good to know you're not alone. Maybe she'll see that one day (she's still in the "anger and denial" phase of things).

It sounds like you have a lot of interests and hobbies to keep your mind off of health problems - that's a good thing. :)

Have fun posting! I hope you make lots of friends. I look forward to getting to know you better.

J

jyarmo

Hey Tami... I was going to suggest that you tell your daughter about the forum! I agree with you that we aren't here just to complain about our problems but to provide support to one another! I'm sure your daughter will eventually "come around" and feel comfortable here with us :)

Keep us posted :D