Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » New blog post on (mis)diagnosis of diverticulosis

04-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Peggy H

New blog post on (mis)diagnosis of diverticulosis

Hi,

My current blog post on No Worries Even When Life is Shitty delves into the first diagnosis I received that was specifically gut-related: diverticulosis. And finding love while nervous about my food issues.

Hope it helps in the discussion of IBD

noworries.home.blog

Peggy
04-22-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
Jo-mom

My Support Groups:
Thanks Peggy - I just read your last entry of your blog and I am really liking it. Looking forward to the next entry.

Diagnosed at 19 with moderate to severe crohn's (July 2018) - likely had it since early teens asympomatically -

Enteropathic arthritis - diagnosed June 2018 - showed symptoms mid teens.

Entocort August 2018 to January 2018
Remicade - Sept 2018 to May 2019 -5 mg/kg every 4 weeks

May 2019 to present 10 mg/kg every 4 weeks
04-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Peggy H

Thank you! Glad to know.
04-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
teeny5

My Support Groups:
I was recently diagnosed with diverticulosis with my last colonoscopy...my first thought was great another gut issue!

From some of your earlier posts...I found it interesting that you had an issue as a child, but still had gone so many decades before being diagnosed. I remember going to urgent care as a child because of abdominal pain, being scared to stay overnight for observation and telling my mom I felt better so we could go home. They did minimal tests to ensure it wasn't my appendix and let us leave. Maybe that was IBD already rearing it's ugly head??? My mom has digestive issues and I often think she has IBD as well, but she like many others, brushes off here issues to normal or due to something she ate. I think she is more like me than she thinks.

I enjoyed reading your posts, thank you!

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"
04-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
Peggy H

Hi,
It seems incredible now that I went without a diagnosis for so long. The constant pain was dismissed as just a symptom of nerves and stress as a child. And as I aged it was dismissed as something else.
Good for you to be proactive about your care. Your mom's choice not to investigate, as you know.
Thanks for reading the blog! The craziest stuff is yet to come.

Peggy

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » New blog post on (mis)diagnosis of diverticulosis