• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Naltrexone stops Prednisone working?! (very worried)

Hello,

So i was wondering does Naltrexone stop Prednisone working?

My UC is flaring and im on 50mg of pred, im very worried it wont work

if it doesnt work are their more powerful immune suppressants that will override naltrexone?

I am literally freaking out, my doc is not available this week either. Im thinking of surgery and not responding to any drugs and the worst case scenario's!

i have stopped naltrexone. any ideas or advice please?

thank you all!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Running a quick drug interaction checker shows no known interactions. Have you consulted with your doctor or pharmacist?

There are many other types of medications to try, how long have you been on the prednisone?

thank you for the reply, my doctor is not available this week.

ive been on 50mg of pred for 2 weeks now and im seeing no improvement, this is why im worried. i hope naltrexone hasnt caused any permanent damage to my immune system or something

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
From past experience, you should have seen some improvement on that dosage of prednisone.

Can you try calling the doctor to see if they will verbally have you try something else? I wouldn't just stop the naltrexone either, you should clear that with the doctor.

From past experience, you should have seen some improvement on that dosage of prednisone.

Can you try calling the doctor to see if they will verbally have you try something else? I wouldn't just stop the naltrexone either, you should clear that with the doctor.
I should have explained a little more, i took full dose naltrexone as i was a pain pill addict

i just thought high dose prednisone would override any effects of naltrexone?