• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can I eat whatever I want now?

So I've been on Humira for a month now...just started my one injection every 2 weeks. I was wondering if I could eat whatever I wanted to now? I've been eating the same food for the past 4 months due to an awful flare.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Everyone is different, the best course is to go slowly with introducing anything you haven't had in a while and/or has caused you problems in the past. Some people can eat just about anything, others still have to restrict their diet.

So I've been on Humira for a month now...just started my one injection every 2 weeks. I was wondering if I could eat whatever I wanted to now? I've been eating the same food for the past 4 months due to an awful flare.
Since being on Humira I can eat just about anything....but I started slowly @ 1st one food @ a time that used to bother me....it's different for everyone I'm sure so just take it slow!

Once the Humira kicked in I was eating normally again. Of course, if you eat healthier than you'll be able to go into remission quicker. That's what happened for me. Cause even if I felt fine when I would eat poorly, I may still get gassy or bloated. There just wouldn't be much pain.

Lynda Lynda

Wow. This Humira gives me hope now. I don't know what eating "normal" is really. I was sick with UC for 20 years........ now they say I have Crohn's. I can't eat fruits, vegetables, fatty/greasy food, nuts, seeds, eggs, tuna, pork. I haven't eaten shellfish in probably 25 years.
( sigh ) 😕

Just got the word, Humira to arrive Thursday. I will get my first injections on Monday. Thank you everyone for their posts that have prepared for the this, including the sting.