• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thrush!!

Hi all,
I am on a stack of anti-biotics at the moment. And the thrush - omg! oral and vaginal - but also perineal and on my buttocks - it seems to be everywhere. I have taken the fluconazole tablet and am applying topical creams - any other suggestions?

Google caprylic acid suppliment and ask your doc about it also. Not eating sugar and carb may also help cos yeast feast on them.

I take a probiotic with 30 billion active cells and 8 probiotic strains in between doses of antibiotic. You need at least 2 hours before next dose of antibiotics for the probiotic to do its thing. It has been a game changer for me. And as xvee suggested stay away from sugar sources. This can be tough, it comes in all sorts of disguises. Fruit, juice, milk, pretty much anything white, so whole, fresh, home cooking is your best bet. If you can handle onions and garlic, incorporate those into your meals-natural probiotics. Like saurkraut? Also a good thing for yeast overgrowth.