• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Small pimples on forehead.

So I have been on Pentasa, Imuran and Solupred (that's Prednisone) for 2 months now, and I noticed these small pimples that started to show up a couple of days ago on my forehead.

They don't itch or hurt, they are just there, scattered all over my forehead. I tried using facial washes and acne ointments and nothing worked. I was just wondering if anyone has/had a similar issue. And is there any possible solution to this? Or should I just ignore them?

Prednisone always gave me terrible back acne. Large portions of my back covered in it. Once I went off it for good about a year ago it took about 1 month to clear up. Also on imuran but it seemed to be only when I was on prednisone.

Prednisone always gave me terrible back acne. Large portions of my back covered in it. Once I went off it for good about a year ago it took about 1 month to clear up. Also on imuran but it seemed to be only when I was on prednisone.
Did you use anything to get rid of them?

I'm currently tapering off, and I really hope that it is the culprit so that these will just go away. I don't want my face covered in acne like a teenager. :(

Did you use anything to get rid of them?

I'm currently tapering off, and I really hope that it is the culprit so that these will just go away. I don't want my face covered in acne like a teenager. :(
Yea i know what you mean! I used acne products on my back. Nothing specific but could not seem to rid them until I was completely off pred. Might be a trial and error with what cleansers work for ya. Best of luck!

Yea i know what you mean! I used acne products on my back. Nothing specific but could not seem to rid them until I was completely off pred. Might be a trial and error with what cleansers work for ya. Best of luck!
Well, sounds like all I have left is trying some other products. Thanks! :)

only thing that helped me a little bit was healing earth/medicinal clay
best solution is to get off prednisone ;-)
I have tried that, and it does seem to help, but everything goes back to where we started overnight. Sounds like getting off pred. is the only solution.

It's a very slow process, though, since I'm cutting the dose by 5 mg on a course of 1 month to be off pred. for good.