Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Have you tried Reishi tea or other mushrooms to treat Crohns?

03-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Bailey

Have you tried Reishi tea or other mushrooms to treat Crohns?

I have been experiencing hives on my body and on my scalp after my 5th Remicade appointment.

My husband suggested I try Reishi mushroom tea; as itís toted as an anti inflammatory. It seems to be working. I ran out of tea and the hives came back almost immediately.

Has anyone else tried mushrooms to treat Crohns or medication side effects?

Diagnosed with Crohns 4yrs ago in my mid 40ís
Tried: Prednisone, Imuran, Remicade and a few others I forget.
03-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Everyone is different. My body doesn't react good to mushrooms.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-31-2018, 05:16 AM   #3
DeeDee :)

Hi, this is the first time I hear of this tea and I love the idea. Research proved that triterpenes from this mushroom supress secretion of TNF-α just like some of the medicine prescribed for Crohn's (e.g. biological therapy). Only this is completely natural and doesn't have (tons of) possible side effects.. So it is a very good idea to try drinking this tea and seeing if it works for you. I will definitely try it as soon as I can find it, and will report results

Thank you for sharing great info!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Have you tried Reishi tea or other mushrooms to treat Crohns?