04-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
Cronie1

My Support Groups:
Stelara, predisolone and pregnancy

Hi everyone

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and I only started stelara in February. I知 due to have my second injection on Monday but of course I知 worried about harming the baby or having a miscarriage. I知 also on 17.5mg of prednisone which had put me in remission. Any thoughts on the safety of stelara/prednisone?

This is my first pregnancy after ttc for 2.5 years, and am so anxious about miscarriage.

Any advice appreciated.
04-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets...pregnancy/pdf/

Found this
Definitely ask your Gi
They can coordinate care with your obgyn
Good luck
04-26-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Cronie1

My Support Groups:
Hi mlp.

Thanks for your response, I spoke to my IBD nurse when I found out I was pregnant and she said that the stelara would be treated the same as infliximab/Humira in pregnancy.

She did briefly discuss reducing the frequency to 12 weeks rather than 8 weeks, but with my history of relapses she said they would probably stick with every 8 weeks. Ultimately of course though it my decision, but I値l probably continue as I知 afraid of losing stelara as a treatment option.
04-27-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Kristen24

I'd be more concerned about the steriods than the Stelara because of the effect they can have on your blood sugar and blood pressure. 17.5mg is a low dose so hopefully the risk of side effects is minimal.

04-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
Cronie1

My Support Groups:
Hi Kristen 24, I know, I was worried about the steroids too particularly with the cleft palate risk I致e read about, but my nurse thought 17.5mg was a low enough dose and didn稚 seem concerned. I致e tried to taper to 15 mg several times but every time I do the stomach pains get worse. I知 hoping the injection on Monday will work and I値l be able to taper.