• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another juicing question

David

Co-Founder
Hi Lam123,

I've moved your thread here to the juicing forum which is a subforum of Diet, Fitness, and Supplements. I hope you don't mind! I simply feel it will likely be better answered here :)

I have always read 'fresh' juice is best used right away since it has a possibility to loose nutrients with time and being 'fresh' it has a potential to grow bacteria. Temperature would most likely be important. It might be best to research proper storage/handling or best to use when fresh??

Hope today finds you doing well.

I think you are right, I have always read that fresh is best. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of keeping it fresh later in the day.
Thanks!

Bacteria would be a risk since it would not be pasteurized and 'raw'. I would be too concerned of the possibility. Be careful.
I am sorry if I did not help, when i have juiced we never saved or stored it ~ just drank it then.
Hope someone has a useful (safe) tip.

be well

Can you keep to cold at work? As long as you juice it in the morning and it's not going to get overly warm, it shouldn't be an issue. And a glass bottle/jar is the best way to store it.

scottsma

You can keep it for up to 12 hours as long as it's kept cold and in a glass screw-top jar filled right to the top.Once opened I would drink it at once and not keep going back to it.
Another interesting point is that you should "chew" the juice, as saliva and body temperature helps the enzymes to get to work.

Do you take your juice to work with you? What do you store it in?
I do not normally take juice to work with me. It is preferably to drink it immediately because otherwise it will oxidize, taste funny and lose nutrients.

To get around this, I brought another juicer and I keep it permanently at work.

Then I either take veggies with me to work (or sometimes get them delivered) and keep them in the fridge until I want to make a juice.

Otherwise if this does not suit, I suggest using a glass Mason jar with an air tight seal-able lid. You can also buy esky / freezer / cooler / bags to keep the jar of juice cold, if taking with you in summer.