• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Juice fruit and vegetables

From next shop I'm gonna try just fruit vegetables water juice and my favourite roiboos tea in the day time then a hot meal for supper my favourites again curries ☺☺☺

scottsma

I juiced daily for 18mnths or so,and although I felt I was doing the right thing,I honestly didn't feel any benefit.I know a lot of people on the forum swear by it though.
Because I don't eat or like veggies,I now use a high nutrient powder mixed with Chia seeds and low fat milk,or take the same nutrients in a capsule.I feel quite well and fit at the moment.Long may it last !!!!

I'm a newborn vegetarian so guessing i need to try and introduce more fruit and vegetables to my diet and I'm crap with even knowing which fruit and veg i actually like on a daily basis 😃😃😃 not gonna just juice will add fruit bowls etc to it and my roiboos tea my protein comes from my supper ie quorn whether quorn chicken style pieces or mince along with rice and pataks sauces which seem a lot less high in sugar and fat content than some pasta sauces and are gluten and additive free

Today seem to be passing wind a lot and had more than one bowel movement so far with no diarrhoea even though my last substantial meal was yesterday evening. Have had a bit more energy today aswell enough to spend most of my day trying to have a spring clean of sorts still feel very fatigued but have a certain someone and thought's of her to keep me going. ☺☺☺

scottsma

If I'm right,green veggies are the most beneficial.I always used carrots as a base and used kale,beetroot (peeled)apple for sweetness,sweet potatoe and ginger.I think red cabbage is very good for inflammation.We do have a juicing thread on the forum.
Don't let yourself get to hungry though.Good luck.

Believe it or not I've not been too hungry today but alas supper time's near so just having a cuppa then I'm going to get started quorn chicken style pieces with korma tonight 😃😃😃

Good morning to you all was just looking at the nutritional information of my roiboos tea and other brands on my Samsung health app and i found that one cup has 20 percent protein

Good morning to you all lot's of lovely looking scrumptious fruit and veg can juice it or eat straight from the pots ☺☺☺ some juices lemons to squeeze into a mug of hot water some oranges and recovery protein shakes oh and my favourite carrot juice eggs to go with my rice in the evenings and my quorn chicken style pieces and pataks sauce of course will see how i get on with it all but will most likely stick with it for the foreseeable ☺☺☺

Had roiboos tea 1 spoon of maple syrup a glass of oj and morning snack had red grapes strawberries a vanilla protein shake to take some sudafed capsules with and a cup of hot water with lemon juice just had a most fun and relaxing radox foam bath did seem to ease my aches a bit and the bubbles from the radox weren't the only bubbles which amused me lol for lunch gonna have cucumber nibbles a glass of carrot juice and another tea ☺☺☺ reckon my aches are probably down to congestion

Peeing a lot but not sure if that's a good or bad thing as long as i stay off coffee always comes out clear looking having more bowel movements then usual slightly loose today but reckon that's probably because yesterday never had much to add to my liquids and fruit and veg daytime diet.

Have had a mild ache mostly around centre of my forehead but seems to have subsided today told mum I'm gonna stick with fruit and vegetables in the daytime plus those protein shakes and she can't understand why lol don't think there's anything at all wrong with trying to eat healthy and it's a fun way of achieving 5 a day ☺☺☺

Oh my day's having another plate devouring moment biryani with some new Quorn veg protien pieces a little smaller than the chicken style but soak up the sauce better. Sauce has sultanas which I love having it with basmati rice and baby potatoes can't wait to go cook for Anita 😊😊😊

Last edited:
Morning all actually feeling much better slept pretty sound and a lot less achey this morning think i was right that i had been congested the sudafed and fruit and vegetables seem to be doing the trick so far ☺☺☺ wouldn't have expected it to kick in so quick not sure how long i should take the sudafed for but the dietary changes i will definitely stick to. 🤗🤗🤗s for you all