Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Berkeley IBD and Mycobacterial Conference Open to the Public - Registration closes Sept 16th!!

09-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Berkeley IBD and Mycobacterial Conference Open to the Public - Registration closes Sept 16th!!

Join us on Sept. 21 and 22 in Berkeley for a unique, science-based program discussing the role that mycobacteria may play in IBD and other chronic diseases like RA, T1D, lupus, MS and sarcoidosis.

We've added a new speakers and presentations, especially to our two Saturday panels sessions which address 1) Pediatric Advances in IBD and 2) Functional Medicine Strategies.

Meet the world experts on this topic, and have a chance to ask questions in the Q&A portions. Lunch included!

Conference Home Page:
https://humanpara.org/berkeley-conference-home/

Full Program with list of speakers:
https://humanpara.org/berkeley-conference-program/

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mycobac...ts-45356222683
Currently on: Anti-MAP therapy and loving life! Full remission since Jan 2015. Clarithromycin, rifampin and low dose naltrexone. (Levofloxicin had too many side effects so discontinued after 5 months.) Resources on human MAP and Crohn's here: HumanPara.org.

Past (failed) Treatments: Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Pentasa, Azulfadine, Lialda, No gluten/dairy/sugar/coffee or processed food in general. Flagyl worked but not long term.
09-07-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Thanks so much. I am in the area and will be attending but shame the speakers they added are on Saturday and thetas the professionals only day.
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Remicade
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
09-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Thanks so much. I am in the area and will be attending but shame the speakers they added are on Saturday and thetas the professionals only day.
Don't worry about Saturday - it was limited to professionals only due to the working session, but all of the other sessions will be recorded and put online for free so everyone can benefit from the panels and study update!! :-) So glad you can come!
09-11-2018, 03:49 AM   #4
Kas8173

My Support Groups:
Please do let us know where the recordings will be, I will definitely be watching!
09-11-2018, 06:16 AM   #5
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Please do let us know where the recordings will be, I will definitely be watching!
Video replays will be available on HumanPara.org beginning a week or two after the conference (as soon as videos can be uploaded and processed by our volunteers.)
09-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
Kas8173

My Support Groups:
irishgal, did you go to the conference?
09-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #7
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Yes! Human Para ran the conference. I am involved with that organization. :-) Working on it today.
11-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Videos from the conference are up. We're still working on a few of them - our audio wasn't great at the facility, but at least half are viewable now: https://humanpara.org/2018-map-confe...presentations/

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Berkeley IBD and Mycobacterial Conference Open to the Public - Registration closes Sept 16th!!