• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Waiting to hear

Humira doesn't seem to be doing much in helping with the Crohns Disease. The nurse practitioner will be talking to the GI about switching me to Entyvio.

Scipio

Good luck. Just remember that Entyvio usually takes longer to kick in than the anti-TNFs, so you have to be patient in the wait for improvement.

Are you having any fevers, cramps or weeks of diarrhea?

I've been on Humira three or four years. I feel like I've been stabilized but by no means am I Crohn's-free.

I'm not having strictures, after experiencing two of them in three years. But I still can't tolerate milk, coffee or ice cream very well. Some raw fruits and juices send me on recurring trips to the bathroom. Dark colas sometimes do the same.

So Humira has never meant a normal life, it's sort of like a catastrophic preventative for me.