• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Odd symptoms- please help

Hello. I am freaking out and just wondering if anyone has any information. I've had Crohn's since 2002. It's been bad but I've been pretty pain free. Anyway, I was on Humira. That stopped working. I've been doing Stellara for 8 months now. I started recently feeling super tired so I had blood work done. I'm anemic (not my first time- currently at 11.2) Anyway, blood work is showing that my medicine is not working. I'm taking it currently 1x/2 months. SO, I've started to develop a very odd symptom. I feel like I have to go to the bathroom. I go in, pass gas only, and it's a ton of mucus along with what I would describe as a pea shaped object but it's a blood ball/mucus ball. I'm freaked out it's something terrible. Has anyone else had this issue? I've had mucous and blood off and on here and there. This symptom has been going on for two weeks at least. A few months back, I ended up in the ER too for fast heart rate, low blood pressure, and horrible chills. Every time I coughed, I peed. (After I felt better, that stopped?) They said that I had a virus. I've never been in the ER my entire life. Everything is just playing out so odd lately since I never really show symptoms. I worried that it's a fistula somewhere. Anyway, does anyone have any input? Thanks to those who respond. I need some piece of mind. Dr. appt is Dec 4th, scope is set up for Dec 28th.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Tanya
Try to calm down a little...worrying gets us nowhere...and we all do it.
I would suggest you contact your GI about this to relieve your mind.
It is great that your appointment is so close...but with the symptoms you are having your doctor should be informed
Feel better soon
Hugs
Trysha

scottsma

I'm passing mucus and blood just now,but I know it's Proctitis acting up and I'm happy to wait until my apt.next month.Unless things get worse of course.You're obviously stressing about these new symptoms, so I would call your GIs office and ask if he will speak to you.
Stress is not good for crohnies.Feel better soon.

Hello Tanya
Try to calm down a little...worrying gets us nowhere...and we all do it.
I would suggest you contact your GI about this to relieve your mind.
It is great that your appointment is so close...but with the symptoms you are having your doctor should be informed
Feel better soon
Hugs
Trysha
Thanks Trysha. It is so hard to not stress. I swear we’ve been through so much with this disease. It all should be routine. Something new is always a new bomb drop. Thanks for helping me get a grip back with reality 😊

I'm passing mucus and blood just now,but I know it's Proctitis acting up and I'm happy to wait until my apt.next month.Unless things get worse of course.You're obviously stressing about these new symptoms, so I would call your GIs office and ask if he will speak to you.
Stress is not good for crohnies.Feel better soon.
Thanks Scottsma. I’ve never heard of proctutis. Is it common? How do the treat it? I never usually have issues near the anus. Mines usually around the Ileocecal valve. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have let my GI know my symptoms and sent a picture. He did the bloodwork and just said we will need to do a scope so get it set up and to keep my normal Dev 4th appointment. Thanks again!
Tanya 😊

scottsma

Yes it is common.But we don't all get or have it.Mine was treat with Asacol suppositories twice daily,and they worked quite well.After things cleared up I was only using one daily as maintenance but after a good long spell decided I was cured and stopped using them.Hence the present relapse.Proctitis is inflammation of the rectum,which was my first diagnosis.Later crohns colitis was the problem.We're all different in our symptoms and prescribed meds. as what works for some does nothing for others.Please keep us updated.It's always helpful to others.

Trysha

Staff member
Yes it is a bomb drop and it seems to never stop at times.
It’s really good that you notified your GI which gave an opportunity for earlier intervention..
It will be Dec4th very soon so that’s a good thing.
With crohn’s life is full of the unexpected...at least it is not dull...sometimes I wish it was..
Hope you are feeling a little better for the discussion.
Good luck with your appointments...I find they never stop at one....
Keep in touch and let us know how things go for you..
Hugs
Trysha

Hey I have had that mucus drip out of me daily for about a year, it usually happens in the morning after my shower of course. I have to stuff toilet paper in to make sure it doesn't drip out because when it does, its like Acid, it goes through you underwear, pants and even on to chairs. It sucks!