Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Diet/Cooking for Kids with IBD » Nutritional interventions may help avoid surgery in patients with complicated Crohn's disease

09-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Nutritional interventions may help avoid surgery in patients with complicated Crohn's disease

Firat I am hearing this but very encouraging:

One of the most promising areas for nutritional approaches is treating CD complications. Levine and colleagues pointed out that EEN has effectively treated inflammatory strictures, intra-abdominal abscess, and enterocutaneous fistulae. "Use of preoperative exclusive enteral nutrition for 4 weeks or more may reduce the need for surgical resections,"

https://www.medpagetoday.com/reading...lower-gi/74949
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Remicade
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
09-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks, this reseach team has lots of interesting alternative treatments projects on the way. They are very interesting to fallow.
THe lead author Dr Levine is from Israel. I remember a nutrionnist who visited a IBD clinic in Israel and who was amazed with all the different flavors and choices of EEN they had for CD. They use EEn a lot in Isreal.
Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only, Vitamin D + B12 shots
Past meds: prednisone 50mg, 5-ASA (pill, rectal), cortifoam, cortenema, Imuran, Purinethol, methotrexate.

Last edited by Lady Organic; 09-15-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Diet/Cooking for Kids with IBD » Nutritional interventions may help avoid surgery in patients with complicated Crohn's disease