Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Pentasa vs Asacol Hd vs Delzicol

04-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
SB7

My Support Groups:
Pentasa vs Asacol Hd vs Delzicol

Ive been on Pentasa for 10 years. Insurance has decided not to cover Pentasa. As a result they want me to use Asacol HD or Delzicol. My Crohns is in the small bowel, jujuneum. Can anyone with small bowel Crohns tell me if theyve tried either of these two other medications and your results/side effects?

Thanks!
04-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

I am not using the same medication, but from personal experience, i can only say that if one specific medication is working for you and keeping you fully in remission, try everything you can to remain on this medication
Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only, Vitamin D + B12 shots
Past meds: prednisone 50mg, 5-ASA (pill, rectal), cortifoam, cortenema, Imuran, Purinethol, methotrexate.
04-29-2018, 05:46 AM   #3
SB7

My Support Groups:
Thank you for the reply. Staying on Pentasa is my goal, but unfortunately my health insurance has different plans. Im waiting on my physician to get back with me. While waiting Id thought Id see what experiences other people have had with two other medications. Thanks again.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Pentasa vs Asacol Hd vs Delzicol