• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Geographic tongue?

So, I woke up today with my tongue feeling a little tingly and when I looked in the mirror I found those white lines that separate reddish parts.

I looked it up and it says "Geographic Tongue", and it seems like there's no treatment for that. It is very annoying, and I wonder if someone else has it, and what did you do to get rid of it? Any home remedies or something of the sorts?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Z oh iv never heard of that.. did it say what causes it ?. That may give us a clue as to what may help. Best wishes 💕Mandy

It went away on its own, or to be more precise the tingling feeling is no longer there.

The causes are said to be the lack of zinc and it seems to be associated with any GI troubles, so it was just another way of Crohn's to stir up some trouble in my life. I'm glad it didn't last long.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Z oh well that's good that it has gone, ah right so it's a lack of zinc. I'm glad it didn't last long to. Crohn's the gift that keeps on giving eh!!!. Take care and best wishes 💕

I dont know about that but i get canker sores allot
It's like having those sores all over your tongue, but less painful and more annoying since it covers your whole tongue.

I have been getting white tongue occasionally, too. I'm getting tired of having all these conditions. :/

It’s because of lack of some nutrients. Don’t worry. I have a solution for you. Try vegetable glycerin or aloe vera gel or use a mouth rinse with anaesthetic or convatec oral protective paste. These will give you temporary relief. But, you might want to take advice from a doctor.

I can only imagine how it must feel as this canker sores i get are very painfull. Do you have anything that you can apply or make it feel better?