• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Twitching eye?

Infusion tomorrow and will question GI but right below Jack's eye it's been twitching nearly constantly for about a week. I, at first, assumed it was just fatigue but he's been sleeping well at least for a teenage boy -bed about 9pm and up at 5:45 during the week. Weekends vary but generally 11
Anybody ever experienced? Will call the ophthalmologist as well but it usually takes forever to get in to see him

my little penguin

Staff member
Neuro
Tics tends to last less time but have breaks in between
Is it one or both eyes ?
If you touch one eye with your hand both will stop as long as your hand is touching the eye
Twitching can be muscles
Tics
Or
Other Neuro stuff
Typically and EEG is ordered

Good luck

Just one eye, lower eyelid area, no break in twitching. I'll have to try the touching as I'm not sure. He, of course, said nothing to me until last Friday said it had been going on all week and I just figured he was over tired between work, baseball, student council and school but weekend of rest did nothing and it is still going.

Eye twitching has stopped interestingly enough he had his infusion on Tuesday and by Wednesday morning it was gone. Could just be a coincidence but will definitely be watching to see what happens.