Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » How long have you had your fistula

01-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
Kancer

My Support Groups:
How long have you had your fistula

I am celebrating my 2nd anniversary since I first developed my fistula. Got 2 more, totaling 3 fistulas. No signs of progress.

Wondering if anybody out there suffered from this for this long and what was your road to recovery?

Completely worn out mentally
01-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I had mine for at least 2-3 years, once I went on Remicade (when my daughter was @6 months old) the fistulas resolved.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
01-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Kancer

My Support Groups:
I had mine for at least 2-3 years, once I went on Remicade (when my daughter was @6 months old) the fistulas resolved.
Did you have any other treatment prior to Remicade? The surgeons here in my country wouldn't operate on it at all. Seen many surgeons who says if it isn't causing any serious issues, there's nothing to do.
01-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
For the fistulas, no - I did have regular check-ups with a surgeon to keep an eye on things, but never any mention of surgical intervention to try to 'fix' them. Mine were peri-anal and recto-vaginal ones too. I also didn't have any infections or other complications while I had them, which probably contributed to the monitor and see stance.....

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » How long have you had your fistula