• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need a "starter" juice recipe! Please

So I have a juicer, Ive used it a few times but could not for the life of me finish drinkning what i had made, at first it was yummy then it made me feel nauseaus. I used celery, spinach, apple , lemon and ginger. I feel I need to start slow, I work ALL day so I need a juice that will not "make me go" more than I usually have too. I feel its time to get my body back and get healthy, What are some basic juices that really help with inflamation and digestion?? And are tolerable to taste, I know Ill eventually get used to the weird taste but for now I need to be able to stomach the recipes.
~Theresa

I use carrot as the base for all my juices (50% to 90%) because i love it.
I don't juice fruit at all, only veg.
Don't use too many greens (never more than 20%?), they are strong and can be too much.

Apart from that, you wll have to work out what suits you

KWalker

SarahChoueiry- I was just looking at your blog and it's very well put together! How do you find the beets taste in the juice? I've been wanting to add them to mine but can't help but think how bad they would taste lol

scottsma

Today I had 3 carrots,1 green apple (adds sweetness)1 beet (peeled)1 sweet potato (peeled) and 1inch ginger.delicious.Carrot and apple are my usual base ingredients,then I just add what I fancy.

Do you use juicing as a meal alternative?? Or what foods do you eat after your juice?? Thank you for all the help! =]

scottsma

I have a banana before dog walk,juice between 9 and 11am,wait awhile,and if I need it,some unsweetened muesli or porridge oats.That USUALLY keeps me going until my last meal of the day at abouy 4pm.I'm no saint though,but that's an average day.

This Anti Inflammatory Juice recipe is the perfect blend to help support your body’s natural defenses and reduce inflammation.

Recipe Name :-Anti-Inflammatory Juice
Total juice making Time: 5 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
4 Celery Stalks
1/2 Cucumber
1 cup Pineapple
1/2 Green Apple
1 cup Spinach
1 Lemon
1 knob Ginger

DIRECTIONS:
Add all ingredients to vegetable juicer. Gently stir juice and consume immediately.

Attachments

at first it was yummy then it made me feel nauseaus. I used celery, spinach, apple , lemon and ginger.
Spinach is very alkalizing.

So if your body is very acidic, then you will feel nauseous or get a migraine at first.

Start off slowly and progress onto spinach.

A good starter juice is carrot and ginger root.