• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

After 2 weeks, my family dr wants me to stop Cimzia

I got an infection right after my first injection and have been on antibiotic since. I took my 2nd injection on Thursday, and now have blood in my urine. I have fainted or had a seizure every day since starting.

I really want to give Cimzia a chance and would like to continue it for at least another month or two. Does anyone have any thoughts? The GI thinks it is all a coincidence.

afidz

Super Moderator
Its always hard when 2 doctors have conflicting opinions. Especially since you are having such adverse side effects. Have you looked into the rare and dangerous side effects listed either online or on reading material you may have gotten from your doctor?

Its always hard when 2 doctors have conflicting opinions. Especially since you are having such adverse side effects. Have you looked into the rare and dangerous side effects listed either online or on reading material you may have gotten from your doctor?
I never got any information or reading material from my doctor. I did read the Cimzia pamphlet online and have researched side effects. I just know that it can take a few months for it to start having an impact. I just want to give it a true shot so I can honestly know I really did try. I am even willing to adjust my other meds to compensate for the side effects Cimzia is having on me.

I would be hesitant to continue. When I tried Cimzia it gave me horrible abscesses along my groin and no one believed me when I said it was the drug. Well within my next dose I started to develop anaphactic type of symptoms and was adament in discontinuing it. Miraculously I no longer had issues with abscesses along my groin.