• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Exercise and diarrhea

The past few weeks I have been really trying to stay active. I was laid off from my job a few months ago and found myself struggling with weight and joint stiffness due to inactivity...my job was pretty active and you were on your feet all day. I do not do any strenuous exercising. Usually Pilates, yoga, workout DVDs and walking on the treadmill.

This morning I was on the treadmill, walking only, and had to stop because I had diarrhea all of a sudden. I also got diarrhea the other day while exercising as well. I am in remission and rarely have diarrhea so this is not normal for me at this time.

Has anyone had issues with this? Any tips on how to prevent it?

I have been job hunting and thought getting more active would help for when I head back to work as well...so that I'm not so exhausted after a full day of working.

It happens all the time to me. Just gotta plan it into your workout
Do you just pause the workout and go...then resume? Or should I take that as my body saying "that's enough of a workout for today"

This disease makes me question everything sometimes...so paranoid about throwing myself into a flare.