Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does travel sickness upset your Crohns?

10-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Cronnie1975

Does travel sickness upset your Crohns?

Hi all,
I have Crohns, I also suffer with travel sickness in cars, buses, etc etc. When this travel sickness gets really bad it is generally followed by a Crohns flare. I end up in lots of pain. I feel like I am the only one with this issue, as I have not heard of anyone else with the same problem, my Doctors just give me a strange look and say 'It may upset the Crohns.'

Is there anyone else out there with this problem!!!
10-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Hmmm....this is the first I have heard of travel sickness triggering flares.

Does it happen no matter what mode of transportation or how long even if only for a few minutes? How long are we talking for you to be in motion before you notice something wrong?

Do you take caution and try anti-nausea pills during long trips?

What medications are you on? Do you think something you are currently taking is giving you motion sickness symptoms? Nausea is a side effect of certain IBD medications.
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

10-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
vrux

Hi
I also started getting this issue at age 38... before that Crohn's with no travel sickness...now can't sit in car for even a short distance...what's ur update?

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does travel sickness upset your Crohns?