02-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Whit

My Support Groups:
Entyvio Blood Test

I have been on Entyvio for fourteen weeks and want to know how well the infusions are working. I don't have the normal symptoms of a Crohn's patient. I just end up in the emergency room with a partial blockage so it is hard for me to tell if it is working since my emergency room visits are years apart.
Has anyone had blood drawn and tested to see if Entyvio is working?
Whit
02-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
Jonny84

My Support Groups:
Normally they would find out if it is working through blood test - CRP, a stool sample - Faecal calprotectin and I believe they can also test for the level of the Vedolizumab in your blood stream.
02-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
Whit

My Support Groups:
Thanks. I will check it out. Do you know if entyvio is working for you? I am assuming you have had one of the tests mentioned. What is faecal calprotectin and CRP?
Best
Whit
02-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Jonny84

My Support Groups:
I had my 4th infusions yesterday and it seems to be doing the job.

CRP is a general marker of inflammation and fecal calprotrectin is a measure of inflammation in the bowel - its normally very accurate and will tell you if you have active inflammation.
02-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Whit

My Support Groups:
What has improved for you? For me I am having more regular bowel movements but that is all. I am still dealing with fatigue.
Whit
02-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
SB7

My Support Groups:
I havenít been on Entyvio, yet. But, Iíve had Crohnís for over 10 years, and my CRP, Sed. Rate, and calprotectin tests over the years have all been normal. Some patients show inflammation in these tests and some do not. My last capsule endoscopy showed inflammation, ulcers, and strictures in the small intestine, and this was just after having the other lab work. Iím currently considering Entyvio. Hope everyone keeps posting and providing updates as to itís effectiveness.
Best wishes to all.