• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

1 year ago today - got my stoma :)

This year has gone by very quickly. It was a year ago today that I was at Mount Sinai hospital in Toronto getting my colon removed and my ostomy made. The positive change in my life has been amazing and I don't think I'd be here if it had not been for my ileostomy.

I'm super-grateful! :)

I'm glad it's been so successful for you, and hope it will continue to be so! And I echo the above - your posts have been extremely helpful. :)

It's really important that those of us with positive changes to our lives after getting ostomies hang around to encourage and give support to those who are concerned about ostomy surgery.

Thanks, VO. :thumright:

It's really important that those of us with positive changes to our lives after getting ostomies hang around to encourage and give support to those who are concerned about ostomy surgery.

Thanks, VO. :thumright:
That is a very good point. If we just log off as soon as we're done, those still going through these ordeals don't get to hear the success stories, probably just the horror stories which could mislead those having to make choices.