• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

1 year later.

I am on my 1 year remiversary. I get my official 1 year infusion on friday. So far so good. The only real side effect I have had is some non crohns related severe abdominal pain. It hasnt happened in a few months. When it did happen it would last about a day, and it only hit me every month give or take a couple weeks. The last 2 infusions I had some minor joint pain for a day or 2 after, but it always resolves itself. Other than that I am enjoying complete remission. I get 3 vials every 7 weeks.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Lydia, am delighted to hear of your overall successful year(ish?) in remission. Sending best wishes that things only continue to improve for you from here.

so glad to hear good news :D
..I suspect you told your doctors about your severe abdominal pain??
I brought it up casually once, but back then I thought it was the stomach flu. I see my GI in a few weeks. Abdominal pain is a side effect of remicade so I am not too worried about it.

I'm so happy for you. Glad you are doing so well.

It give me hope I'm getting my first infusion sometimes in the next 2 weeks.

Glad to hear of your success :) Most of what you read on the internet is doom and gloom and bad news so it's nice to hear of someone who's doing well. I get my 3rd infusion about a month from now, hoping I make it as far as you have!