• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

10 Years and just learning what it means.

Hello,

I'm 25 and new to the forum, I'm joining after calling off from work because I couldn't mentally struggle through the day and holding diarrhea today. Which is usually an every day occurrence for me if I'm not constipated. I guess it just hit me today how this disease really impacts my life.

I don't have it that bad. I'v never had any surgery and usually I have been able to work on medications, exercise , and diet. I even went four years in remission where it was like I didn't even have the disease. However, recently I have been having swelling I have never had before, and my hemorrhoids are out of control. I may have a fistula too because I constantly find myself having to freshen up.

I came to the forum because I have a habit of denial, I like comics and I think they espoused the thought that I will be the one to rise above. Like even though this limits other peoples lives it wont limit mine because I'm some how stronger or smarter. Maybe its the fact that I am 25 now but reality has come crashing down on my head in a big way. I find myself constantly struggling for balance of good work performance and taking care of my body, which feels like constant mental anguish. I have read some of the peoples stories the last couple of times when I felt really sick and I just felt like I needed to relate. So now I'm joining and admitting I am having a tough time dealing with this.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are feeling sick. I am glad you are joining us. In here you will find a lot of support from people that have the disease or take care of somebody with the disease. Also a lot of information and success stories. I am sure that with the help from a good GI, medicines and the support you'll find in here, you will be able to get in remission once again and start doing all the things you like again. Feel free to ask any questions, tell us how you are doing or vent if you need.