• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

10 Years with Crohn's

I am new to this forum and oh so happy i found it. I was diagnosed 10 years ago when i was 15. At the time i took my medication and carried on with my life as best i could and it worked for me. Its now ten years later and only now ive realised that im yearning to have support from others who understand what it is like to have this disease. On the outside we look normal (well normal-ish) but yet i find that people look at me differently or treat me differently. Dating is somewhat scary as i think some men find it hard to deal with the information i share with them and im afraid it pushes them away. Otherwise i am a happy 25 year old woman who tries to stay positive about my disease. Im very much hoping to chat to and share stories with others on the forum and to help others who are newly diagnosed. If anything this disease has taught me to be more loving, supoortive and sympathetic to not only people with crohns but also people dealing aith other ailments.

So happy to have joined :)

Stefani