• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

10 years with Crohn's!

Hi friends!

I'm Alexa, diagnosed 10 years ago. I was so so sick for an entire year despite following the diet and taking my meds my doctors gave me.

I saw a doctor in alternative medicine and got tested for food sensitivities and that changed my life. I eat a clean, real food diet and I have never gotten so sick as I was in the beginning of my journey since.

I have been blogging since September 2015 to provide resources for those with Crohn's and Ulcerative colitis. Let me know if you'd like my URL to check it out!

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Alexa

Hi Alexa! I would definitely be interested in checking out your blog. As you saw on my story I am newly diagnosed and I hate the thought of having to be on these ridiculous meds for the rest of my life. Right now I am focusing on getting it all under control and I know that for the time being I will have to take what my doctor recommends but I also believe that there's less harsh ways of treating this as well. I would really like to learn all I can about this disease so I can make informed decisions on my care. Having gone almost 10 years knowing I probably had crohns but not getting anyone to listen to me made realize how important it is to be an advocate in my care. So enough of my rant. But yes I would be very interested to read your story and maybe through that get a better idea about what I'm facing.

I just have to say, good for you for having the mindset you have! It's refreshing to see someone newly diagnosed who isn't going down a totally negative path. I've struggled connecting with others diagnosed with Crohn's because the negativity was just too much.

My blog is girlinhealing .com. :) If there are any topics/blog post ideas you'd like to see up there, let me know!!

It's so smart to focus on getting your disease under control right now and eventually you will be able to wean off and put more emphasis on relying on diet. But it's never too late to start :)