• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

10 years with crohns

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tyler, I'm 18 years old and I was diagnosed with crohns when I was 8. When I was first diagnosed, I was prescribed pentasa and went on a liquid diet, within a couple months I went into full remission. I stayed in full remission and lived life without any prescribed drugs up until a year and a half ago when everything changed. Between May 2016 and January 2017, I was hospitalized 6 times. I luckily never needed surgery however my symptoms were horrible. I was originally prescribed prednisone and humira, I found out that the side effects to prednisone weren't much fun and that humira was not working, I was hospitalized again. After struggling for close to a year, and being hospitalized multiple more times, I started remicade infusions. Around the same time in January, I started using medical marijuana. Almost instantly I felt better, with every week that passed, my symptoms faded more and more. I was very unsure what was helping me, however, I believe I have found out. A couple months ago I stopped consuming marijuana and cbd oil for 5 days and I was once again hospitalized. Since then I've gone off of remicade and have continued using medical marijuana, I've been feeling good for months now and hoping to get back into remission soon.

Welcome. Be careful. I went off Remicade on my own and had a flare. Everyone is different. Advise your doctor if he doesn't already know what you have done. Let us know how you are.

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Tyler,

I hope you have continued success with the current regimen. I agree with Ron, be sure to keep in touch with your doctor regarding what you are using to treat your disease. Better safe than sorry. I hope to see you around.

Best wishes and welcome again,

Chris