• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

18,korean and recently diagnosed

my english is not that good so some of the sentences may sound awkward.

I was first diagnosed with irritable colon syndrome last december but when I went to a bigger hospital, doctor told me that it couldn`t be irritable colon syndrome since I was losing weight a lot (68 kg- 51 kg in less than 3 months). after colonoscopy and other tests, I was diagnosed with crohn`s disease. at first, since I had no idea about this disease, I thought it was something like cold. then i saw my mom crying and realized it was something worse.
for the first week I had to take pentasa 1g x4 and solondo x8(steroid) a day. after the first week i did another test to see if i was getting better and the doctor said I was getting worse which should not happen. he said that i should immediately move to bigger/better hospital. now I`m in one of the biggest hospitals in my country. just got first remicade last friday and I can feel my body getting better( no more stomach pain, slowly gaining weight, still have diarrhea though). hope this state lasts forever.
nice to meet you all :)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
안녕 하세요 and welcome to the forum. :) I'm sorry to hear that you are in the hospital, but it is very good that you're getting better. I hope the Remicade continues to work well for a long time.

(My Korean is not very good, I only know a few words and phrases, so I hope I wrote that correctly!)

Glad to hear the remicade is working. I think all doctors start you out on the pentasa for insurance purposes. Out of 100 I might have read where pentasa has helped 5 people.

my english is not that good so some of the sentences may sound awkward.

I was first diagnosed with irritable colon syndrome last december but when I went to a bigger hospital, doctor told me that it couldn`t be irritable colon syndrome since I was losing weight a lot (68 kg- 51 kg in less than 3 months). after colonoscopy and other tests, I was diagnosed with crohn`s disease. at first, since I had no idea about this disease, I thought it was something like cold. then i saw my mom crying and realized it was something worse.
for the first week I had to take pentasa 1g x4 and solondo x8(steroid) a day. after the first week i did another test to see if i was getting better and the doctor said I was getting worse which should not happen. he said that i should immediately move to bigger/better hospital. now I`m in one of the biggest hospitals in my country. just got first remicade last friday and I can feel my body getting better( no more stomach pain, slowly gaining weight, still have diarrhea though). hope this state lasts forever.
nice to meet you all :)
Just out of curiosity. What is your diet like? Do you drink milk or eat lots of red meat/burgers?

Welcome to the community. I'm glad you're feeling better after the Remicade!

Do you know how prevalent Crohn's is in Korea?
David,

Crohns is increasing in those countries as their diets become more westernized.

Ie - milk and red meat consumption.

Just out of curiosity. What is your diet like? Do you drink milk or eat lots of red meat/burgers?

currently? I`m only eating elemenatal 028 x 6 a day. so that`s like 2400 calories.
i used to eat a lot of those foods but from now on, i wont.

Last edited:
Welcome to the community. I'm glad you're feeling better after the Remicade!

Do you know how prevalent Crohn's is in Korea?
it is increasing slowly and even kids like 9-10 are diagnosed with crohn`s. we dont know the exact cause yet.

안녕 하세요 and welcome to the forum. :) I'm sorry to hear that you are in the hospital, but it is very good that you're getting better. I hope the Remicade continues to work well for a long time.

(My Korean is not very good, I only know a few words and phrases, so I hope I wrote that correctly!)
안녕하세요~~ thanks:) yeah i hope so. some say that we become resistant to remicade as we get more of it and that worries me now.( the doctor said i have to get remicade every 8 weeks).

and yeah you used it correctly!